About the Role
We are looking for a Fashion PR intern to join our team. Our internships are generally a commitment of 15-25 hours weekly.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with Popinjay’s PR initiatives. You will work with our Marketing & PR Director to maximize editorial placement for the Popinjay brand through press, strategic alliances and special events. As this role is writing-intensive, strong communication skills are a must. Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design is a huge plus!
- Assist in the creation and distribution of press materials. Develop press releases and other relevant PR materials
- Compile and update existing media list
- Pitch to media and assist in securing press features
- Respond to media requests regarding press releases and photo requests
- Interact with media, bloggers and other industry influencers
- Develop and build on existing media relationships
- Create buzz around offline activities such as pop-up shops, press- related events, trunk shows etc.
- Must be able to commit to work a minimum of 3 months
- PR, Journalism, Fashion, or other related majors preferred
- Strong interest in fashion and PR
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Proficient in social media and blogging
- Love for magazines and blogs
- Passionate about ethical fashion
- Knowledge in photography, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is a plus